Pages

Thursday 26 November 2009

A challenge!

My wife just said that the problem with my blog is that I called it Itchy and Irritated, and thus can't write about happy things. I see this as a challenge.

Work has been pretty damn good recently, I've been working on a cell tracking algorithm for tracing the movements of cells under stimulus. It seems to be working pretty well, which is strange since the code below it is very simple. My boss says we may even get a paper out of it, which would be ace as I've only been in the job three months.

Outside of work, life has been enjoyable. This weekend was spent traveling around the UK being paid to play music, to people who were actually listening and singing along. An upshot of the mini-tour is that I may have a split record (on a cassette format) coming out early next year on a proper record label. That would be pretty sweet, but I can't say much more at the moment.

This weekend has a busy schedule ahead. My mother is visiting tomorrow, which is the first family member we'll have had visit us in Dundee. Then, on Saturday I'm playing with the band at The Vale in Glasgow, which we're also recording for a live CD. Sunday will contain a flying visit to Greenock for lunch with the parentals, and then home to Dundee.

Although, do you know what's been irritating me this week? The fact that I've noticed how much FUCKING LOUDER the adverts on E4 are compared to the program I'm watching. That is fucking annoying.

Damn, almost made it. Now, a new episode of Scrubs is on, and that in itself is fucking irritating.

1 comment: