Pages

Monday 16 November 2009

Tacitus

This weekend was a whole bunch of fun. Friday night was band practice where we learnt a new song called Tacitus, the idea in my head was for it to sound like Warning era Green Day, and I'm pretty sure we've nailed that. I can't wait to play it at next few shows as I think it is a face rocker.

Saturday night included a short night out with some old friends before heading home with a tight chest but I survived. Found a dirt cheap taxi company that got us from Glasgow to Paisley for only £11 which was awesome! Sunday was a day of rest, mainly tidying the house for the valuer to visit on Friday and then a trip to see my mum before driving back up to Dundee.

This coming weekend includes a gig in Cardiff that I had booked a few months ago. The idea was to tour the few days before hand in order to break up the journey. The gig itself is with a singer songwriter called Ben Marwood who is very very good (and currently being championed by Frank Turner), so I'm trying my best to not have to cancel it due to funds. A gig on Friday is currently proving to be elusive, but hopefully things will work out in the end.

Hopefully the hypothetical tour with Adam Boucher in March will be much easier to book. I think we'll be calling in quite a few favours from bands I've put on before.

No comments:

Post a Comment