Pages

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Punching kittens

Apologies for not posting yesterday, I'm sure you'll survive though. The weekend was pretty fun all round. Saturday night contained a party at my bosses house, which was the first social engagement of my new job. It was pretty nerve wracking on the build up, but in the end it turned out just fine. Had a few drinks, amazing seafood (including oysters which I fucking love). Sunday involved a trip to Greenock and Glasgow to visit parents and then play a gig in the evening.

Roscoe Vacant was playing as well which is always fun to see. There were also a few folk who turned up to see me play which is always nice, even more so when it's a pretty impromptu gig with very little time to promote properly.

Anyways, I'm not going to have a full scale rant as I'm in a pretty good mood today. Instead, here's the first (probably of many) list of things that are too easy to rant about.

  • Local bands singing in American Accents - You're from Barrhead/Castlemilk/etc for fucks sake
  • Homeopathy - The feeling you get when you are standing in a room of people is just that, feelings, it's not fucking energy. You keep your diluted to buggery herbs, I'll keep my "unimaginative" but empirical facts and proof.
  • The Sun newspaper, doesn't need that much more to be said. She's mourning, and as a result nothing will ever be enough, but you already know that and as a result are milking it for more sales of you're shite-wipe-rag.
  • Bad pop-music
  • Early morning starts

No comments:

Post a Comment